Tuesday, September 16, 2008

park painting.



so, when i get a chance and the weather is as gorgeous as it is i like to go to the park and practice painting. yesterday i left work a bit early and had two hours of the most beautiful daylight left. there was a couple to my left enjoying a picnic who came over after an hour to see what i was painting.
anyway, this couple had just gotten engaged earlier in the evening on the cute little picnic blanket, and they want to buy my painting because it depicts where they got engaged!
my first painting commission! i'm so excited!
i really won't charge them, of course, it's just fun that they offered and that they aren't my family or friends, you know?
(but, to be honest, i could have been painting my big toe and they still would have wanted it because i was there when they got engaged.) also, the first painting is from Sunday afternoon and then last night i added a couple of things. anyway, i am trying to see if by adding things i am actually improving or am just making it cluttered.
the end.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Take the money!! That is awesome!

Jessica said...

Super cool! I can't decide which of the paintings I like best. I like the ground in the second one and the sky in the first one.