Wednesday, September 10, 2008

the note.

i was returning from a weekend trip and had the most incredible experience.

while boarding the plane, i had a quick conversation with some fellow passengers. nothing too outstanding, just pleasantries between strangers.

since i was a rockstar this weekend, as soon as i sat down in my window seat, i immediatelyfell asleep. i mean, i was so tired i don't even remember take off. originally, i had big plans on my flight home to start reading a book, but exhaustion won that battle and i fell asleep with the book sitting on my lap. when i woke up, i found this note sandwiched between my hand and my book.

i was so confused and sleepy when i woke up, i just looked around for a couple of minutes in complete bewilderment. finally, i looked to my neighbor on my left, two seats over and finally asked what in the world the note was all about.
he explained that while i was asleep, this tall man in a pin-striped button down sauntered to my seat, leaned over him and the empty seat next to me and deftly slid the note between my hand and book, all the while not disturbing my slumber. he said the man didn't say a word in explanation but that his quick movements were quite impressive.
twenty minutes later, a tall man in a pin-striped button down came walking down the aisle, looking directly at me.
the exchange:
me: um...michael?
him: yes.
me: um...i...um...
him: pretty good, huh?
then he walked away claiming he had only come all the way from first class to stretch his legs. it was still extremely awkward at that point and so after a pep talk from my seat neighbor, i ended up walking to seat 6A and chatting with Michael. we stood in the middle of a moving airplane thousands of miles above earth and had the most interesting conversation.
he is 6'4", hilarious, charming, tall, dark and handsome and pretty much made my entire life by slipping the note under my hand. the best part is that he was so proud of himself for the note...that we just laughed and laughed about great it was. and i had to admit, it was a killer move on his part.
the part that was slightly confusing was how he knew my name. apparently in our short exchange while loading the plane, he read my full name off of my boarding pass.
at that point, he recited my first AND last name. even as creepy as that was, eventually i gave him my email.
i haven't heard from him yet, and even if he never emails - he still managed to put the biggest smile on my face and give me the greatest story to tell...
um, ever.

No comments: