Tuesday, November 4, 2008

vote rant.

this is greatness. from a friend.

"But I decided that the people asking YESTERDAY or LAST WEEK if I had voted yet were killing me & were acting ridiculous (especially in TX, where you have to be registered to vote weeks in advance). Same for people who shame other people about not being registered. Stuff happens. Should you get your stuff together & register to vote? Definitely. But should you freak out just because people are suddenly interested in this particular election? What about the last presidential election? Did they vote then? Why are they suddenly so concerned now that the world is watching? They should have been concerned 4 years ago. Don’t patronize me. Your sweater is lame, and you have an 80’s hairdo. I’ll judge you for being fat. How about that? Should you exercise more? Definitely. Should you pass on the burger & mix in a salad every now & then? For sure. So there you go."

No comments: