Monday, November 3, 2008

More G than Ride

This past week the driver's side door of my car has suddenly decided not to open from the outside. Not with the remote unlock thingy nor with the plain ol' key. I peeked inside the door yesterday and there was this spring just sitting there. So, of course i took it out. Like that spring actually does anything, right? Pssscht. Everyone knows that car makers love throwing in "miscellaneous springs" just to throw you off. It's common knowledge.

Welp, I think I might have been wrong on this particular spring cause now the only way the door will open is from the inside.

I know what you're thinking: i'm screwed.

But you're wrong. believe it or not i still have some options: i can leave my car unlocked at all times (super safe) or the window down and reach in and unlock it that way (even safer). Or i can crawl across the entire passenger door to get there. the problem there is that my legs tend to get in the way and i get all tangled and sh*t and end up with my face pressed against the driver's side window and i can't feel my left arm.

I've found that the easiest way to get there is to unlock the backseat door with a second click of my door lock remote thing and then step up behind the driver's seat to grab the handle of the driver's side door releasing it and then crawling back out the backseat and go into the driver's side door after that.

i end up flashing a lot more people than normal, but i figure it's worth it.

me and my panties love my ghetto ride.

No comments: